What is a DMC?DMC is the acronym for Destination Management Company. A DMC specialises in group travel, events, incentives, conferences, meetings, tours etc of a particular region. Their local knowledge, contacts, buying power and local staff are all vital elements in the delivery of a professional service to corporate, special interest and leisure group travellers.
What is the value of the DMC?Local knowledge, experience and expertise combined with reliability are the core values that DMC’s offer. The point of difference is they know the idiosyncrasies of local airports, hotels, tour sights etc and these small details can make or break a travel experience...
- Flights and luggage – most DMC’s can assist with connecting to domestic flights and co-ordinating luggage.
- Hotels – buying power of group rates along with an understanding of what works best with the different hotels i.e. rooming lists, check ins, venues in hotel etc..
- Logistics – co-ordination of all ground movements including, transfers to and from airports, local guides on coaches, transfers to and from venues, tours, and re-confirming arrival and departure times with airlines.
- Events – knowing what venues work and what venues don’t work for the group size, calibre and budget.
- Concierge Service – looking after VIP’s, special transfers, reconfirming their details.
How do I get a quote or make a booking?Nemonic Concepts service is to represent the DMC’s and provide a seamless service for quoting and booking. Our knowledge of the destinations along with understanding of the Australian and NZ requirements assists the process to provide you with an itinerary and quote that meets your needs and wows your clients. Once confirmed, you deal directly with the DMC, but Nemonic Concepts are always available to assist along the way.
Important Travel InformationGroup travel encompasses so many different elements. Here are a few links to assist you with these:
- Australian Passport Information www.passports.gov.au
- The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service. www.smarttraveller.gov.au
- Global Electricity & Plug Requirements www.kropla.com/electric
- TravelSECURE The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service. www.travelsecure.infrastructure.gov.au
- Visa Requirement Information Toll Visas Direct provide visa information and processing. www.tollvisasdirect.com
- World Health Organisation www.who.int
- World Time www.timeanddate.com